Friday, August 26, 2011

MMMMM Cookies!!! (in my best Cookie Monster voice!)

I've been seeing all these amazing cookies on the party blogs lately so I decided to try my hand at cookie making.  First, let me start by saying...I cannot make icing to save my life.  I have tried a bizillion times and it just doesn't come out right!  I follow the directions to a 'T' and yet it still ends up in the trash! AND, I have never made sugar cookies from scratch!  Nope, my version of sugar cookies are the refrigerated, break and bake! haha

I have been following SugarBelles on FB and she makes it look so easy, so I thought why not give it a try!  I used her recipes and tips and created my very own Ice Cream Cone Cookies!  WOWZERS!!!  They are amazing!  I didn't have a cookie cutter and I refused to go buy one.  Ya know, just in case once again I flopped at making the icing!  I made my own template using freezer paper and I couldn't believe it actually worked!

 
However, I was so sad that my icing didn't set up fully before I put them in the container last night! They did get a little smashed!   But smashed or not, they were delish and I MADE ICING!  WOOOO HOOO!!

So if you're in the mood to bake a great tasting and looking cookie, visit SugarBelle! Her recipes are easy to follow the tips are great!


Comments:

Post a Comment