Friday, July 1, 2011

Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes

So, we all give into that evil little devil sitting on our shoulder every once in a while right?  Sweets are my major downfall!! I can't stop at one cookie, I stop when the entire batch is gone!  I  decided tonight  instead of forbidding the evil fruit, I've chosen to indulge.....in small quantities of course because I have weigh in tomorrow!! 

Tonight's recipe comes from www.skinnytaste.com and let me just begin by saying OHHHH MY!  The name sure is fitting for these!  They are extremely sweet so make sure you have a glass of milk close at hand.  I would consider making these again, but I think I might try using strawberries instead of the pineapple. The great thing is it only takes a few ingredients!  How awesome is that?!  After one bite the hubby quickly rated them FIVE STARS.  Me on the other hand, thought the icing made them a little too sweet so I give them FOUR STARS.


Ingredients
Cupcakes
1 box Yellow Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker SuperMoist)
20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)

Combine both ingredients in a large bowl.  {You do not need the eggs, oil and/or butter!} Mix on medium speed with an electric mixer. Pour into lined cupcake tins.  Bake in accordance with the box directions. {I cooked mine at 350 for 24 minutes} Set aside to cool completely.


Pineapple Fluff cream Cheese Frosting
8oz philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese (room temp)
20 oz can pineapple in juice (Drained and squeezed well)
3/4 cup of marshmallow fluff.

Combine cream cheese, crushed pineapple and marshmallow fluff in a bowl.  mix with electric mixer until well combined.  Spread on cupcakes and ENJOY!  Refrigerate any uneaten {yeah, right} cupcakes until you are ready to eat them.

One Cupcake w/ no icing = 3 pts.
One Cupcake w/ icing =4 pts.

Happy Baking!!!

1 comments:

  1. Ohhh and by the way Sarah...yours will be delivered tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete